It has been almost 3 months since my last blog post and this is a pretty good reflection of the amount of reading I have accomplished in this time.
I still have several book reviews to complete and post, however, other more exciting things have been occupying my time, which I haven’t been blogging about (maybe I should). Well, perhaps not all exciting.
- I am learning French and with a trip to Europe imminent I have been very consumed with trying to improve. I am a beginner, 2 years of 1.5 hours per week isn’t really improving my skills greatly, but I do love the language.
- My daughter is off to Padova, Italy on language exchange for a month, living with a family and going to school. She will be away a total of 9 weeks, including time with us and the studying regime has been pretty intense in the lead up. (not exciting!) I am so very proud of her and know that it will all bring rewards.
- Planning and booking our holiday – this has been time consuming, largely due to my need to investigate everything into the minute detail. I hope that the accommodation that I have chosen for our family will not disappoint, but you just never know what a place may be like until you get there. Travelling with teenagers brings a whole new set of challenges, trying to find appropriate accommodation and activities.
- My mother in law has been unwell
- And finally we are trying to renovate our beautiful Gentleman’s Bungalow!
I recently read a blog post that discussed posting frequency and consistency. I thought the content was pretty spot on, most people dont notice if you take a hiatus – unless you are prolific and if you are anything like me I like to not be overwhelmed with constant posts – particularly long ones. Does it matter to you how often I post? I would be surprised if it did, but let me know if I am wrong.